Blessed Earth is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles set by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information, visit www.privacy.gov.au.
Collection of personal information
Blessed Earth often collects limited identifiable information such as title, name, contact details (address, phone and fax) and e-mail address. We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- order goods that require delivery;
- contact us for further information;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Blessed Earth;
- register your details on our web site;
- apply for a franchise;
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
- express interest in a particular Blessed Earth service; or submit a job application or resume We do not collect information about anyone's political or religious beliefs, ethnic background or sexual preferences.
Other information we may collect
How we use your information
Blessed Earth uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, Blessed Earth uses personal information:
- To complete a transaction.
- To deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives.
- To keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest. We may also tell you about products and services of other organisations we think may be of particular interest.
- For planning, product development or research purposes.
In the case of direct marketing, you will be able to "opt-out" at any time.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send your information to companies that work on behalf of Blessed Earth who are contracted to perform parts of their service delivery. Examples of such organisations include mailing houses, IT service providers, Blessed Earth service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
- We are required or authorised by law to disclose certain information. Such information remains the property of Blessed Earth at all times.
Quality of personal information
Blessed Earth's goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact the Privacy Officer at Blessed Earth Customer Service if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable effort to correct the information. No fee applies to correction of personal information.
Third-Party Web Sites
Access to personal information
Should you wish to access your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer (see details below). A $25 administration fee will be charged for the retrieval of any personal information.
Contact Privacy Officer
c/- Blessed Earth
23 Bunya St
Maleny QLD 4552
Phone: + 61 7 54296811